In partnership with RXP Group and their current Human Centred Design practice, RXPCollective, The Works are expanding their customer offering into Human Centred Design.
We have a rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced Human Centred Design Lead to join our award-winning agency and work across a number of digital transformation initiatives and ongoing projects. This is a great opportunity for a passionate HCD Lead to drive HCD-led thinking in the agency and lead HCD research and design.
The Human-Centred Design Lead, will lead research and design for Sydney based clients and work alongside RXPCollective based in Melbourne. We’re looking for a dynamic leader who can identify large opportunities, business risks, emerging customer behaviour and prioritise initiatives, bringing new services to market to meet the ever-changing demands of our clients.
You will run a team of highly skilled design consultants and be responsible for talent growth, mentoring and team culture. You will help to mentor key talent in the discipline of HCD and build deep relationships across The Works and RXP group, helping to define the intersection between HCD, CX and The Works creative disciplines.
To be successful in this role, you will be an expert in research and design and driven to motivate a team of people to deliver great design outcomes that drive value for our clients and their customers.
Grow and develop the HCD team:
- Identify the team needed to deliver high quality design projects
- Mentor and develop the people in your team to deliver high performance
- Create development plans with your team to support their career development
- Support your team members to ensure their work is exceptional and provide direction to maintain high quality outcomes for our clients
- Train your team on best in class HCD practices and upskill the other divisions within The Works and RXP Group
Progress the HCD team to become a world-class service:
- Write and publish design thought leadership to promote business and attract top talent
- Develop and enhance the Human Centred Design service offering to provide additional value to our clients
- Work closely with the People team to build recruitment processes and strategies to help identify HCD talent
- Network and run events to further enhance our reputation
- Identify further revenue opportunities with existing clients
- Develop and grow trusted relationships with clients and partners, which support the overall commercial and strategic direction for HCD within RXP Group
- Facilitate ad hoc design thinking activities for clients to build rapport, drive revenue opportunities and support your team
- Work closely with the Chief Design Officer and sales teams to nurture sales opportunities in research and service design
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must have hands-on experience within a human centred design team either from a HCD/CX/UX agency or from a consultancy.
- Prior experience of consulting teams, people management and advising senior stakeholders.
- Experience of business development and a network of contacts would also be beneficial.
- Great interpersonal and relationship-building skills and ability to work easily with clients and our people and have the confidence to deal with senior executives.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, tasks and demands, and make quality decisions under pressure.
- Be up for a challenge, not fearful of acting with minimal planning, happy with ambiguity and be able to seize and create more opportunities.
- Bring rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Look beyond the obvious and don’t stop at the first answers.
Use your voice
Don’t be afraid to share your point of view and your ideas – it’s what helps guide our business and improve the client experience.
- Speak up and ask questions
- Be ambitious
- Empower others
Show you care
Demonstrate compassion for others, both professionally and personally. By listening and supporting, you will get the best out of your colleagues, your clients and their customers.
- Support the team
- Build meaningful relationships
- Roll up your sleeves
There is always more than one way to solve a problem. Take all your experience to make that happen, but also take calculated risks. Bold and innovative thinking can set you and us apart from the competition.
- Challenge the norm
- Think Creatively
- Use your smarts